Dear Parents and Carers
WOW! POW! and KERPOW! We hope you have enjoyed the Super Hero themed learning this week.
The introduction to the learning in what would have been the final week of the school year is now ready to watch on the school YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLALN1BnSl4&safe=true
Here is the link to the Home Learning resources you may want to use: Summer 2 Week 7 What Yapton means to me
We are looking forward to meeting our brand new Early Years children at their Royal Garden Party tomorrow. Rumour has it, a certain member of the Royal Family will be attending…!
Thank you to everyone who has come to this week’s Share and Shine events. It was lovely to be able to catch up and see what you have been up to during lockdown. There are still opportunities to come on Tuesday 14th or Thursday 16th July. Please let us know as soon as you can using the email@example.com email address.
The school year finishes on Friday 17th July for children in Early Years to Year 5. We are looking forward to seeing our Year 6 Leavers at their Celebration Breakfast on Monday 20th July.
Looking forward to September 2020
We have been working on implementing the government guidance for schools in order to have everyone back in September. We would like to begin to share with you some of our proposed arrangements. Please note that these may have to change if the guidance changes.
- The children will be taught in their Castle Classroom. These groups of children will automatically form their own Pods. The idea of the Pod is to reduce the chances of cross-contamination of potential germs between a number of children. The Pods will stay together for learning, playtime and lunchtimes – they will not mix with any other Pod once they have come into school.
- To minimise the risk at pinch points, we will continue with a staggered start and end of each school day. Camber, Amberley, Southsea, Pevensey and Hastings Castle Pods will start their day at 8:45am and finish at 3:00pm. Lewes, Bramber, Portchester, Arundel and Bodiam Castle Pods will start their day at 9:00am and finish at 3:15pm . If siblings have different start/finish times, the adult dropping off and/or picking up their children will need to wait follow the social distancing guidelines. We will continue with the arrangement of only one family adult coming to school.
- Before the start of term, teachers will have produced a short film showing where the children in their class will need to go as well giving an idea of what the set up of the classroom will be. These will be uploaded onto the school YouTube channel on Friday 4th September.
- We will not be able to run our Breakfast Club or any Extra-Curricular Clubs which normally take place before or after school during the first half of the Autumn Term.
We realise that returning to school for some families will be worrying. We want all of our families to be looking forward to coming back to school. So we have organised a Festival Day on our first day back – Monday 7th September. This will be a fun day with a Festival theme that we hope the children will look forward to. Our new Early Years children will be starting with us on the Monday afternoon.
To help create the festival atmosphere, we are inviting all families to respond to a couple of requests:
- Visit the school on the weekend of 5th and 6th September to tie a bow on our gates as a decoration. If you have your own ribbon or fabric that is great. If not, there will be some made available in the front porch of the school.
- Create a festival accessory (for example a hat, a head dress, a flower chain) to wear to school on Monday 7th September.
If there are any anxieties or questions about the start of term within your family, please email these using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address so that we can help.
We hope that this information is helpful to you at this point. We understand that these are continuing unusual times. Please be assured that all of our plans have the children at the centre of them.
Have a lovely weekend.