INCLUSION CURRICULUM INTENT
At Yapton C. of E. Primary School we believe that to live life in all its fullness we have an open door to learning where…
At Yapton C. of E. Primary School we recognise that all pupils are entitled to a quality of provision that will enable them to achieve their potential. We aim to provide an environment in which all our children can flourish.
We believe in positive intervention, removing barriers to learning, having high aspirations to raise levels of achievement. We work in partnership with other professionals and agencies in order to provide a positive educational experience for all our pupils including those with additional needs.
Our School is committed to promoting equity of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families. We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and people with disabilities.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- To make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
- To promote self-worth by encouraging independence at all age and ability levels.