The key benefits of Google Classrooms are:
- Work is posted and handed in on the same website, removing the need to send an email in with attachments.
- Tasks can be presented in a more user friendly way, with attachments and Youtube videos next to the task.
- We can keep tasks on Google Classrooms for a longer period than on the website.
- Feedback can be attached directly to the piece of work.
- Google Classrooms has a shared ‘stream’ where staff can post messages and stay in touch, and children can respond.
- No need for printing resources, or reduced need.
How do I use it?
- Login and go to the classroom tab
- Find the correct day
- See each task – some are just instructions, others require a response!
- You may need to ‘submit’ or ‘hand in’ the work.
A few common issues and questions:
- How do I login?google.com on a computer or use the app.
- Need help with passwords? Do not complete the reset password option at any time! Please contact your child’s teacher and they will send you a reminder of your chlid’s password as soon as possible.
- Not yet registered or received the password reset link?Check your spam/junk folder first, and then click here.
- Logged in, but not showing any classes?Switch your Google account to ensure it’s the school one, not your personal one.
- Need help?Watch an introduction and the help videos on our school website.
- How do I give in the work?No need to email it, just click on ‘hand-in‘ or ‘submit’. The staff will then take a look, and then return it.
- Can I still do work on paper and submit it?Yes, this can be done through G/C. Watch the help videos to find out more.
- Why the change?4 main reasons: 1) Improves communication and feedback of learning. 2) Safer 3) More efficient for teachers 4) Website requires high maintenance from teachers & staff, losing valuable child support time.
How do I login on an Apple or android?
- You need to add the account first. This is usually easiest done by going into the settings and adding a google account (this is the child’s email address ending in @yaptonschool.org). You may be asked to accept the conditions and also reset the password.
- Once the account is added, then install the Google Classroom and Google Meet app from the AppStore or Playstore.
- Then go into Google Classroom and ensure you are selecting the right account. You may need to select ‘I’m a student’. You will then see two classes.
For a help video for iPads or iPhones, watch t his https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMrNvEKUolM&feature=youtu.be&safe=true
The following videos should help to answer any additional questions that you may have.