Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to inform you that we have a COVID case in Year 5. We were notified quickly and were able to notify the Year 5 families early this morning. We await a follow-up PCR test result, which we will receive in the next few days. Following the PCR result we will know whether we can re-open the Y5 bubble or keep it shut for the remainder of the term. Please keep the family affected in your thoughts.
We have been notified today of another parent in another year group testing positive. We now have a couple of families isolating. This email is not to alarm you but to be honest about the current situation in school. It means that some teachers are teaching both in school and providing learning at home. As there are only 6 days left of the term and the children in school are beginning to take part in less structured activities, we will provide a Knowledge Organiser that contains all of the subjects that will be linked around a theme. Children isolating at home will submit their work on Google Classroom and the teachers will respond with feedback.
We will make a decision about the Country Dancing Festival and arrangements for Transition Day once we have received the results of the PCR test and have monitored the number of any further cases within our school families.
Thank you for your continued support.
Take care
Kim Huggett

Leave a Reply